Why do we exist? What is our purpose?
- Through reflective practice, the mission of Region 12 is to:
- Optimize student achievement
- Build a collaborative learning environment
- Develop engaged citizens
Optimize Student Achievement:
- Engage in relevant and rigorous curricula and assessments.
- Demonstrate the acquisition of essential skills and knowledge (CCSS).
- Promote higher-level thinking and problem solving skills (depth of knowledge).
- Foster creativity, imagination, and innovation.
- Provide effective professional development and teacher support.
Build a collaborative learning environment
- Nurture cooperative relationships between students, staff, families, and community.
- Promote respect and acceptance of diverse ideas.
- Foster active participation in a safe learning environment.
- Develop and demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Encourage adaptability and flexibility in thinking.
Develop engaged citizens
- Recognize one's potential and individual responsibility in a global society
- Cultivate integrity and empathy.
- Demonstrate self-discipline and responsible risk taking.
- Embrace lifelong learning.