Mission & Vision
The Region 12 community educates, challenges, and inspires all learners to become compassionate, creative, and courageous individuals who are empowered by the knowledge, character, and perseverance to achieve their greatest potential within the global society.
What is our purpose?
Through reflective practice, the mission of Region 12 is to:
- Optimize student achievement.
- Build a collaborative learning environment.
- Develop engaged citizens.
How do we optimize student achievement?
- Engage in relevant and rigorous curricula and assessments.
- Demonstrate the acquisition of essential skills and knowledge (CCSS).
- Promote higher-level thinking and problem solving skills (depth of knowledge).
- Foster creativity, imagination, and innovation.
- Provide effective professional development and teacher support.
How do we build a collaborative learning environment?
- Nurture cooperative relationships between students, staff, families, and community.
- Promote respect and acceptance of diverse ideas.
- Foster active participation in a safe learning environment.
- Develop and demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Encourage adaptability and flexibility in thinking.
How do we develop engaged citizens?
- Recognize one's potential and individual responsibility in a global society.
- Cultivate integrity and empathy.
- Demonstrate self-discipline and responsible risk taking.
- Embrace lifelong learning.
Regional School District 12 is committed to a policy of equal opportunity/affirmative action for all qualified persons. Regional School District 12 does not discriminate in any employment practice, education program, or educational activity on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability (including, but not limited to, intellectual disability, past or present history of mental disorder, physical disability or learning disability), genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by Connecticut State and/or Federal nondiscrimination laws. Regional School District 12 does not unlawfully discriminate in employment and licensing against qualified persons with a prior criminal conviction. Inquiries regarding Region 12 nondiscrimination policies should be directed to: Teresa DeBrito - Director of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
Phone: (860) 868-6206 E-mail: email@example.com