Athletic Prearranged Absence Form
To download the Athletic Prearranged Absence Form, please click here:
Shepaug Valley Athletic Prearranged Absence Form
SHEPAUG VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC PREARRANGED ABSENCE POLICY
· To be eligible for athletic participation, an athlete must be in school for 80% of the school day, by 9:15 am, (8:15 am on Early Release, 11:00 am on Delayed Opening days), in order to participate in that day’s activities.
· Acceptable reasons for Athletic prearranged absences: Doctor/Dentist Appointment, etc.
· Unacceptable reasons for Athletic prearranged absences: Vacation, Oversleeping, Car Trouble, etc.
· Students who are not in school by the designated above times must have submitted this prearranged absence form prior to the date of absence, and with administrative approval may be allowed to participate in athletic activities that day.
· Upon returning to school after an approved prearranged absence, a student must provide documentation to verify the reason for the absence, such as an official note from doctor/dentist, etc.
· In general, any student checking into school after the designated time without having completed this form will lose the right to participate in athletic activities that day.
· Note please, that written parental permission to be tardy, or absent is in itself not sufficient to allow participation.
· When scheduling an appointment for the beginning of the school day, even if a student-athlete expects to be in school prior to the designated time, he or she should turn in a prearranged form prior to being tardy. This way, he or she has fulfilled the necessary requirement if the appointment unexpectedly runs late. This is the responsibility of the student-athlete, and no one else.
1. Student must submit to the Shepaug Administrative Office an Athletic Prearranged Absence Form (signed by parent) for required Administrative Approval prior to absence (see Policy above for acceptable reasons for prearranged absences).
2. Upon return to Shepaug, student must immediately check in at Administrative Office and submit documentation verifying the reason for the absence.