2017 Recognized American School Counseling Program (RAMP)
National School of Distinction
The vision of the Shepaug School Counseling Department is that all students will take action and responsibility for their academic, social/emotional, and career development to succeed in their chosen paths and reach their fullest potential as respectful, responsible citizens who are inspired to live life to its fullest.
Shepaug Valley School Counseling Department collaborates with home and community to provide a comprehensive developmental counseling program to meet the academic, social/emotional, and career needs of all students in order to ensure that they are globally competitive, twenty-first century citizens who demonstrate compassion, creativity, and courage.
- all students have dignity and worth
- all students can achieve and be successful learners
- the school counselor’s primary purpose is to advocate for the student
- the counseling program serves all students
- the school counseling program is a critical component within the school system and is integral to the academic, social/emotional, and career development and progress of each student
- the school counseling program is continuously refined and improved through systematic review and evaluation of data
- the counseling program is successful through shared ownership and effective collaboration with teachers, administration, students, families, and the community
2018 Local Scholarship List will be available soon!
Be on the lookout for the updated 2018 local scholarship list. The application box can be found in the counseling office. We recommend that seniors review this list and take advantage of the generosity of their neighbors while they pursue the post-secondary education.
If you have any questions or need local scholarship assistance, please reach out to the school counseling office at 860-868-6218.
Samantha Steinis: School Counselor
Kelly Norris: School Counselor
Todd Dyer: Director of School Counseling