Washington Primary School is a learning community dedicated to educating and inspiring children. We foster engagement and collaboration to achieve high expectations. In partnership with families and our community, we prepare children to be respectful, caring, and contributing citizens who will lead us into the future.
- We value consistent academic and social expectations.
- We value the impact of specific feedback in the progression of learning from novice to competent.
- We value innovative thinking.
- We value collaborative problem solving.
- We value opportunities for self-directed, choice driven activities that promote student engagement.
- We value social skills of cooperation, assertiveness, responsibility, empathy and self-control (CARES) in creating a positive learning environment.
- We value collaboration among students within the learning community and between grade levels.
- We value parents as partners with 2-way communication and support.
- We value the integration of technology as a tool for research, practice, communication and creation.
- We value professional collaboration and continuous growth.
- We value positivity and optimism and lead by example.
- We value making a positive difference through action.
Revised September 2016