COVID-19/Reopening Plan Information
District Plan Links
For those who want a quick overview, you can read through the 2021 A-Z Parent Notes for Reopening Schools R12:
Individual School Plans links:
- Reopening Plan Survey
- A-Z Parent_notes for Reopening Schools R12.pdf
- Resuming School During Covid - A Resource Guide for Parents
- This is the Connecticut State Department of Education's supports for families.
- CCMC's link for helping students cope during COVID.
- Please remember that our shutdown is an effort to slow and reduce the spread of COVID-19. The district encourages you and your student to avoid large crowds and practice social distancing. Our shutdown is only successful if families comply with the governor’s recommendations.
- We ask that you contact our main office number (860) 868-6100 if you or your child show symptoms of having COVID-19.
- FREE INTERNET INFORMATION FROM THE GOVERNOR
- If you or a member of your family is a public school student in Connecticut and you don’t currently have Internet at home, you are eligible for a year of free at-home internet through Governor Lamont’s Everybody Learns Initiative. Just call your school to learn more. You can also visit https://portal.ct.gov/GetConnected/Help-for-Students or call 2-1-1 to find a low-cost plan that works for you.
- The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
- Region 12 phone lines are covered throughout the day, and we are available for any questions. The main number for Region 12 Schools is (860) 868-6100.
- Our support services providers, including counselors and psychologists, are remotely accessible if you or your child needs help in coping with the stress and anxiety regarding COVID-19. You are welcome to reach out to Michael Boucher at (860) 868-6219 or email@example.com to schedule a time to speak to a support service provider.
- Please note that students may be exposed to false information on social media. You can refer to this simple, stick-to-the-facts article to help your conversation about COVID-19 with your child.
- Nurse Sandi DiBella at Booth Free School - firstname.lastname@example.org PHONE: (860) 355-0428
- Nurse Lisa McQueen at Burnham School - email@example.com PHONE: (860) 354-5559
- Nurse Edi Poidomani at Shepaug Valley School - firstname.lastname@example.org PHONE: (860) 868-6205
- Nurse Terri Truczinskas at Washington Primary School- email@example.com PHONE: (860) 868-7331
Click button below for Families First Coronavirus Response Act
SATs and Smarter Balanced Assessments (SBA) will have a longer testing window to allow for proper testing administration. We have asked clarification on AP testing requirements.